Everyone reacts to stress and traumatic experiences differently. While some have reactions that can be seen as normal responses to life events, others may experience signs or symptoms of more serious conditions.
Mental health and substance use conditions can affect anyone; you are not alone
. The Military Health System has many resources available to help those who need it.
If you or someone you know needs support now, call or text 988 or chat at 988Lifeline.org
. 988 connects you with a trained crisis counselor who can help.
Whether you are active duty, a family member, or other beneficiary, mental health care at the U.S. Army Medical Department Activity, Fort Drum is delivered in a compassionate manner designed to aid in recovery. Individual or group counseling is designed to help patients get through life’s challenges.
The Department of Behavioral Health is staffed by military and civilian providers who provide outpatient assessment, diagnosis, and treatment for behavioral health conditions to active duty service members and their families
Our facility offers the following mental health and substance abuse services:
- Screening for depression, PTSD, anxiety, ADHD and other mental health conditions
- Individual and group counseling
- Medication management
- Evaluation and treatment for partner relational problems and domestic violence
A Behavioral Health Triage Clinic is available during regular duty hours for service members with urgent mental health issues in each Embedded Behavioral Health Clinic and the Multidisciplinary Behavioral Health Clinic. Referrals to inpatient care at other facilities are available as determined by the treatment team. Consultation and training is available for command teams and units to address organizational challenges, resilience, and mental health promotion. Appointments are available for service members who need an evaluation for administrative separation, security clearances, and Army schools.
Service members and family members may self-refer for evaluation to the specific clinic as noted below:
- 1BCT Embedded Behavioral Health (For Soldiers assigned to 1BCT): Building EBH01 on 5th Armored Division Dr., near the corner of Enduring Freedom Dr.
- 2BCT Embedded Behavioral Health (For Soldiers assigned to 2BCT): Building EBH02 on the corner of 4th Armored Division Dr. and Euphrates River Valley Rd.
- 10th CAB Embedded Behavioral Health Clinic (For Soldiers assigned to 10th CAB): Building 19914 on MSR Tampa (Falcon Clinic on the Airfield).
- Multidisciplinary Behavioral Health Clinic (For all Soldiers assigned to SBDE and all Tenant Units): Building P36 South Post, Corner of Lewis Ave. and First St. West.
- Child and Family Behavioral Health System at Guthrie Ambulatory Healthcare Clinic (For all Family Members seeking mental health care): Guthrie Ambulatory Healthcare Clinic, Building P11050 Mt. Belvedere Blvd.
- Family Advocacy Program (For Soldiers and Family Members care seeking behavioral health care related to potential domestic or relational abuse/violence): Guthrie Ambulatory Healthcare Clinic, Building P11050 Mt. Belvedere Blvd.
What TRICARE Covers
TRICARE covers medically and psychologically necessary mental health and substance use care. This includes both inpatient and outpatient care.